Tuesday 28 June 2011

Dolly Parton has revealed that her literary initiative Imagination Library

Dolly Parton has revealed that the literary imagination library initiative inspired by her late father's.

Country legend that is the basis for launching the age of 5 in Sevier County each child per month in the city's new book, send dedication, Tennessee in a bid to increase childhood literacy, especially because it was important for her father and his life was unable to read or write.

Parton told Fox411.com, "Well, it all goes back to my daddy. He was the smartest man I ever knew, but he couldn't read or write very much. He was a good provider for us, but I often wondered just how far he could have gone if he could read or write".

"Not long before he passed away, he told me that he was more proud of the Imagination Library than anything else I had ever done. So I guess if you make your Daddy proud of you, then you must be doing something right."

Parton added back because he knows her natural inclination is to go without her, adding: "I think your values are always influenced by your family and your community. We grew up poor and most everybody around me was just as poor. Even the ants never took away crumbs from our house 'cos they saw how poor we were!"

No comments:

Post a Comment